The following are Frequently asked questions with answers to assit you.
TM1 has a 0.30.3MPS in built webcam. You can use the Camera app to take photos and videos. To find the Camera app, select Start and choose Camera.
HOW TO USE THE WEBCAM TO TAKE A VIDEO OR PHOTO
- o Open the camera app by click on Start and choose Camera.
- o Click Photo or Video, then click it again to take a picture or start a video. If you are making a video, click on Video again to finish recording.
- o To see your new photo or video.
- o To view your current photo or video or the ones taken earlier, click on Start and choose Photos and then choose the Collection you want to see.
HOW TO CHANGE THE SETTINGS ON THE WEBCAM
- o To change the Camera settings on TM1 such as photo quality or framing grid, click on Start, choose camera and select settings.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE AN ADDITIONAL CAMERA ON TM1?
- o It is possible to add additional camera to the TM1 depending on the connection port of the camera.
WILL IT BE POSSIBLE TO SWITCH BETWEEN TWO CAMERAS ON TM1?
- o If an additional camera is connected to the existing webcam, you can switch between the two cameras by clicking on Start, choose Camera and click on Change Camera
HOW CAN I ZOOM IN AND OUT USING THE WEBCAM?
In Windows 10 the Camera app doesn't include digital zoom, but you can get an effect similar to zooming if you take a photo and then crop it:
- o Click on Start and choose Photos.
- o Choose the photo you want to crop.
- o Select Crop & rotate.
- o Select Aspect ratio and pick from the preset options or drag the borders where you want them.
- o Select Save a copy and save.
HOW TO TURN OFF THE WEBCAM ON TM1
You can choose which app the camera uses or block all app from the camera by:
- o Click Start and select settings, choose Privacy and choose Camera.
- o Turn off Allow apps to access Camera
To Turn on the Camera for some apps and turn it off for other apps:
- o Select Start and choose Settings, select Privacy and choose Camera
- o Turn on Allow apps to Access your Camera
- o Toggle the switches to change which apps in the list have camera access turned on or off
To turn off camera completely on TM1:
- o Click the search box on the taskbar and type device manager and select Device Manager in the list of results shown.
- o Select the arrow next to Camera to expand the tree
- o Right-click the Camera you want to turn off
- o Select Disable device
WHY IS MY WEBCAN NOT SHOWING?
- o Check from the device manage is see if the device has been switched off or on. If off, Right -click to switch back on.
- o Check from the app if it has been disabled or not.
- o If it is not properly installed, get updated drivers and install.
MY TM1 WON’T TURN ON
If your TM1 does not turn on the first thing you need to check is if your charger is working. Check the following:
- o Check if the power indicator light turned on when the charger is plugged into the wall socket. The power indicator light can be located on the left just beside the charging port on the TM1.
- o Is your charger plugged into the charging port?
- o Have you tried using a different wall socket for charging?
If you are confident that the charger is working but your device still won't turn on, check the following:
- o Has your device been on charge for at least 4 hours before trying to turn it on?
- o Try cold booting your device by pressing the power button for about 30 seconds.
If your device still doesn't turn on after checking the above, please contact us
for further assistance.
WHAT TYPE OF STORAGE DRIVE DOES THE TM1 USE?
- o The TM1 has SSD (Solid State Drive) installed
WHAT IS THE SIZE OF THE STORAGE DRIVE?
- o The size of the storage device in TM1 is 256GB SSD
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE SSD AND HDD OR WHY DOES THE TM1 USE SSD AND NOT HDD?
- o The difference between the SSD and HDD is mode of storage and accessibility of data. A Solid -State Drive is a newer and faster storage device that stores data on instantly -accessible memory chips whiles the Hard Disk Drive is a traditional storage device that uses mechanical platters and a moving read and write head to access data.
CAN TM1 USE AN HDD?
- o The TM1 has the capacity to use HDD for storage. The SSD installed uses the same port as the HDD
CAN THE TM1 USE AN ADDITIONAL SSD
- o TM1 has only one port available for installation of a disk drive. Only one can be installed at a time.
HOW CAN I ADD ADDITIONAL STORAGE DEVICE TO TM1?
- o TM1 has a Micro SDXC Socket. This socket can house the SD memory for additional storage.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO INSTALL A 1TB SSD OR 1HDD ON TM1?
- o TM1 has the capacity to effectively operate with 1TB or HDD storage device.
WHAT IS THE MEMORY SIZE OF TM1?
- o TM1 has 4GB LPDDR4 memory Installed.
CAN THE MEMORY BE UPGRADED?
- o The memory on the TM1 cannot be Upgraded. The Memory is embedded on the mother board and has no additional socket for memory upgrade.
CAN THE MEMORY BE REPLACED?
- o The memory can only be replaced by the manufacturer or a technical professional who has the expertise to remove the memory chip from the mother board with the relevant working tools.
WHAT IS LPDDR4 MEMORY USED IN THE TM1?
- o LPDDR4 is an abbreviation which stands for Low Power Double Data Rate, also known as LPDDR SDRAM, is a type of synchronous dynamic random-access memory that consumes less power.
DOES THE TM1 HAS A DEDICATED MEMORY FOR GRAPHICS?
- o No. The TM1 has a total display memory of 2096MB. This is made up of display memory of VRAM 128MB and shared memory of 1968MB
WHAT IS THE DISPLAY SIZE OF THE TM1 SCREEN?
- o The TM1 uses 14’ Inches LED Display screen.
IS IT A TOUCH SCREEN?
CAN THE SCREEN BE REPLACED WHEN BROKEN?
- o The screen is replaceable when faulty or broken. Contact our After sales department for replacement.
CAN AN EXTERNAL SCREEN WITH A VGA PORT BE CONNECTED TO THE TM1?
- o The TM1 does not have a VGA port installed. However, to connect an external display unit with a VGA port connector, a mini-HDMI to VGA converter must be used to connect the display unit.
WHAT PROCESSOR IS INSTALLED ON THE TM1?
- o The TM1 uses Intel ® Celeron N4020@1.1GHz Processor made up of 2 cores and Thread, with 4MB cache, Burst Frequency 2.8GHz. It has a maximum memory capacity of 8GB and Intel® UHD Graphics 600.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO UPGRADE THE PROCESSOR TO A HIGHER ONE?
- o The processor installed cannot be upgraded to a higher one. This processor is embedded on the board.
HOW LONG DOES THE TM1 BATTERY LAST?
- o At 100% health, the TM1 battery last for a minimum of nine hours.
WHERE CAN THE BATTERY BE LOCATED ON THE TM1?
- o The TM1 uses an in-built battery located under the C-Cover.
WHAT TYPE OF BATTERY DOES THE TM1 USE?
- o The TM1 uses an in-built battery located under the C-Cover.
CAN THE BATTERY BE REPLACED WHEN FAULTY?
- o The battery is replaceable should it develop a fault.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO INCREASE THE CAPACITY OF THE BATTERY?
- o The capacity of the battery is at 100% health and cannot be increased.
WHAT OPERATING SYSTEM IS INSTALLED ON THE TM1?
- o The TM1 has a Pre-installed Windows 10 Pro for Education.
CAN THE TM1 USE OTHER VERSIONS OF WINDOWS 10?
- o Yes, the TM1 has the capacity to use other versions of Windows 10. However, the device drivers must be installed to fully operate the device when a different version is installed. Also, the activation key dos not support the other versions of Windows 10.
WHERE CAN THE ACTIVATION KEY FOR WINDOWS 10 BE LOCATED ON THE TM1?
- o TM1 has a Windows 10 Pro for Education Digital License Key Embedded in the system.
CAN THE TM1 RUN LOWER VERSION OF WINDOWS?
- o TM1 has the capacity to run Lower versions of Windows (7/8) Some device drivers may be challenged since some of the older versions of Microsoft Windows are no longer supported.
DOES THE TM1 COME WITH MICROSOFT OFFICE?
- o TM1 has Pre-installed Microsoft Office 2019 for Education installed and activated with an original activation key.
CAN I INSTALL ADDITIONAL BROWSERS ON TM1?
- o Additional browsers can be installed on TM1 and works perfectly.
CAN I CONNECT MY PHONE VIA BLUETOOTH TO TM1?
- o TM1 has Bluetooth 4.0 installed. This makes it possible to connect your Bluetooth devices to share resources such as files, music, pictures and videos.
CAN I CONNECT TO A WIRED NETWORK WITH TM1?
- o TM1 has a LAN port installed. You can connect your LAN cable through this port to access network resources.
IS WIFI CONNECTIVITY AVAILABLE ON TM1?
- o A WIFI network adapter is installed on TM1 enabling the user to connect to networks without the use of a cable.
HOW DO I PAIR MY BLUETOOTH SPEAKER TO TM1?
- o Turn on your Bluetooth audio device and make it discoverable. The way you make it discoverable depends on the device. Check the device or visit the manufacturer's website to learn how.
- o ⮚ On TM1 laptop, select Start, choose Settings, turn on the Bluetooth for TM1 is set to off. Choose Bluetooth and other devices and select Bluetooth. Choose the device and follow additional instructions if they appear, then select Done. Your Bluetooth device and PC will usually automatically connect anytime the two devices are in range of each other with Bluetooth turned on.
CAN I USE MY SIMM ON THE TM1?
- o Unfortunately, the TM1 does not have a SIMM slot and does not have a modem installed to make it possible to use a SIMM card.
MY TM1 GOES OFF IMMEDIATELY I REMOVE THE POWER CABLE FROM THE SOCKET. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM.?
- o The system may not be charging the battery.
- o The battery is not recognized by the device
- o The battery may have gone bad and need to be replaced.
WHY DOES THE TM1 NOT HAVE A COOLING FAN INSTALLED?
- o The heat generated by the CPU is very minimal hence no need for cooling fan. A heat sink has been installed to accommodate the minimal heat generated by the CPU.
CAN I CONNECT A PROJECTOR TO THE TM1?
- o You can connect a projector to the TM1 through the Mini-HDMI port provided. The HDMI port also supports 4K devices.
MY TM1 BOOTS TO THE BIOS AND NOT WINDOWS. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?
- o The TM1 does not recognize the SDD device. Check from the bios setup by selecting the DEL key when you cold or warm boot the system. Select the boot tab and check if the SSD has been selected as the Boot Option 1. If not Select that as boot option 1. If the SDD is not recognized, see technical help to solve the issue.